Getting new stone countertops is a simple process, but we understand it can be overwhelming. The process outline below will help you understand what to expect throughout the process. Of course, you can always reach out to our team with any questions.
To provide the most accurate estimate, we will need a rough drawing with measurements. The drawing should include the type of sink you will be using, cooktop or slide-in range and whether you’re installing a tile or stone splash. We will also need to know what material(s) and color(s) you are interested in. If you have not chosen a material and color, we would be happy to help with the selection process. We can also include the option to tear-out and haul-away your existing tops (laminate, quartz, granite or tile). This price will be subject to change after template, depending on your final measurements and material selections.
SCHEDULING A TEMPLATE
Once you have received an estimate from us, and have made your final decisions on the details, we ask for a 50% deposit before scheduling a template. The deposit covers the order of the material.
- Countertops entirely cleared
- Sink on-site
- Faucet and cooktop on-site
- Cabinets are completely set in place
- Old countertops do not have to be removed
Depending on our workload, we typically install 7-10 business days after template.
- Old countertops removed; if removal is included in your quote, have plumbing disconnected prior to our arrival
- All faucets onsite
- Remove items in cabinets and/or drawers to protect them
- Have cooktop and downdraft or slide-in range onsite
- Schedule plumber to reconnect plumbing the next day after installation
- Schedule hook up of stove or gas after installation
TEAR-OUT OF EXISTING TOPS
Denver Stone Works can remove your existing countertops and dispose of them for an additional cost. Please ask us to include this in your quote. We will not tear out remove or dispose of any of the tile backsplash, appliances, cabinets, etc., nor disconnect your gas or plumbing. If we are removing your existing countertops, you will need to have the cook top disconnected prior to our arrival. Our service does not include repair or replacement of moldings and trim that are affected by the tear-out or installation of the new countertops.
It is our philosophy to have as few seams as possible, and to give extreme consideration of the placement. We will attempt to accommodate the customers’ wishes where possible.
Some factors that determine seam location:
- Size of countertop
- Layout of the project
- Consideration of weight, handling, location and logistics of moving tops into your home (size of doors, elevators, hallways, etc.)
If for any reason, you need to cancel your scheduled installation appointment, please give two (2) days’ notice so we can reschedule you efficiently and quickly.